Disappointed in Rochen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lincoln

Rochen Community Member
I have been having problems with my site for the past week or so with errors such as "HTTP critical: unable to open TCP socket." Rochen has shown absolutely no interest in helping me resolve the issue and even blamed Pingdom for the problem, which is the first time I have ever heard ANY host try to blame a pinging service as the reason my site goes down. They assured me they monitor things 24/7 so such a service is unnecessary, this despite the fact that when Pingdom says my site is down, I go to load my page and sure enough it IS down. But Rochen's servers are perfect. Perfect indeed.

Thanks for nothing Rochen. I will be looking for another hosting solution, hopefully one that doesn't shift the blame to a pinging service as the reason for all my ails.

Adam

Hi Lincoln,

If you refer to your ticket that you submitted (#99628) you can see that there are routing/connectivity issues in the traceroute you provided. We can certainly help you further, you'd just need to let us know when the issue is actually occurring so that we can actually investigate at that time. We can't speculate about issues like this without actually being able to run diagnostic network tests while the issue is present.

In your ticket you noted that you were using a *page* monitoring service, not a *ping* monitoring service. A page monitoring service can easily cause issues if your scripts are misconfigured/malfunctioning and not properly closing their db connections after each successive hit. You also noted that you're monitoring *multiple* pages, so that's potentially an even bigger problem if your monitoring service is hitting them all simultaneously coupled with script issues.

You did initially request that we check out the server itself in that ticket as well and we did that promptly, everything is perfect on our end as you noted. We would be notified about any server-side issues within 1-2 minutes max by our own internal monitoring as you noted, thank you.

MikeS

Rochen Community Member
Calm down, I think there is/are some misunderstandings going on here, Rochen just isn't like this! What is your domain name?

Lincoln

Rochen Community Member
I monitor two pages, one cached and one uncached. These downtimes appear to happen at random moments during the day so I don't know if I'll ever be able to catch it when it's happening and inform support in time, especially since it usually doesn't last more than 5 minutes. Not sure what else to do.

MikeS

Rochen Community Member
Stop using monitors! There really is no need to as Rochen monitor all the servers all the time, if it's a site related problem then they are not responsible for your sites contents and do not support your content! Again, what is your site domain......

Adam

I'd recommend you temporarily disable any potential causes of that issue to help with troubleshooting as advised in your ticket; if the issues occur again after that then the number of potential causes will be narrowed down. You'll probably want to disable caching in your script temporarily too as that can (and does) cause issues when used with incompatible plugins, etc.

We're here to help 24/7, but we would need further details when this site/script-specific issues is actually occurring in order to do that. I'm now closing this thread as this isn't the appropriate forum for discussion of this issue, but feel free to post in our private customer forums to potentially get assistance with troubleshooting your scripts as well to rule out any problems there, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.