Rochen Host Customer Forums  
Old 21st January 2013, 09:44 PM   #1
David S
Rochen Community Member

HIPAA compliance

I am considering building a website that would involve the transmission and storage of patient protected health information (PHI). I am familiar with the use of Joomla and Rochen for other purposes (not involving PHI), but I am wondering whether I should look elsewhere for my new website. There are several cloud based solutions that bill themselves as "HIPAA compliant," one example being Verizon: http://www.eweek.com/it-management/v...aa-compliance/ and a google search brings up several others as well. I have not yet invested much time investigating these options and am trying to decide whether I should.

My question for Rochen: How familiar are you with HIPAA, and can you give me reasons to stick with what I know (Joomla/Rochen) rather than switch to one of the other self-described "HIPAA compliant" solutions?

David
Old 22nd January 2013, 04:55 AM   #2
Brad
Rochen Community Member

David, to be honest, we don't provide any HIPAA compliant "branded" hosting.
However, if you are interested in a Managed Dedicated Server or Cluster, we'd be pleased to get in touch to discuss with you more specifically what is required. We can possibly customise these platforms of ours to suit your needs.

Thanks.
Old 22nd January 2013, 02:07 PM   #3
David S
Rochen Community Member

Thanks Brad. I will need to investigate further what the branded sites offer (that I may or may not be getting with Rochen/Joomla) and then decide which direction to proceed.
David