Rochen Host Customer Forums  

Go Back   Rochen Customer Forums > Public Forums > Pre-Sales Questions

Old 20th May 2010, 01:26 AM   #1
Prova
Rochen Community Guest

With Reseller, can I use ns1.rochenhost.com

Hi,

If I get the new reseller 1 plan, I understand I can create my own nameservers (ns1.mydomain.com).

If I want one of my domains to NOT use my own nameservers, can I still use Rochens (ns1.rochenhost.com, ns2.rochen..)?

Thanks,
-David
Old 20th May 2010, 02:32 AM   #2
Adam
Rochen Community Guest

Hi David,

Ben has updated your pending ticket about this, but just in case anyone else is curious - a Reseller Plan can be setup to use our public nameservers instead, but this can't be switched back to the private nameservers later. You'd just need to submit a Tech Support ticket to request that we make this change under a new Reseller Plan. This is normally not recommended since it can create a significant amount of work on your end if you have a large number of domains under that Reseller Plan and you later need to move them to a different server due to an upgrade, etc. When using private nameservers however you'd just need to change your two private nameserver IP numbers at your registrar to move the entire batch of domains at once.
Old 21st July 2012, 09:00 PM   #3
jointplan
Rochen Community Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Hi David,

Ben has updated your pending ticket about this, but just in case anyone else is curious - a Reseller Plan can be setup to use our public nameservers instead, but this can't be switched back to the private nameservers later. You'd just need to submit a Tech Support ticket to request that we make this change under a new Reseller Plan. This is normally not recommended since it can create a significant amount of work on your end if you have a large number of domains under that Reseller Plan and you later need to move them to a different server due to an upgrade, etc. When using private nameservers however you'd just need to change your two private nameserver IP numbers at your registrar to move the entire batch of domains at once.
Something I've just found out around Nameservers with OpenSRS is that if you manage .co.uk domains using your reseller private nameservers, it will only be visible to .co.uk domains when you update the nameservers on the domain. (ie: your client's domain)

You'll get the error: "Nameserver [ns1.yourdomain.co.uk] doesn't exist at the registry" if you are trying to add your .co.uk private nameservers to a .com domain

If you manage .com's or others, there is are a couple of steps to have your .co.uk nameservers visible (registered) to use with .coms and others....

Following these instructions: , also complete the following to ensure your nameservers are usable on other domain registry's.
  1. Add Nameserver to All Foreign Registries
  2. Put your first private nameserver in
  3. Repeat for your second private nameserver.

Your ns1.yourdomain.co.uk nameservers are now registered with and usable on...
.com registry: Successfully added
.asia registry: Successfully added
.xxx registry: Successfully added
.com.au registry: Successfully added
.biz registry: Successfully added
.bz registry: Successfully added
.ca registry: Successfully added
.cc registry: Successfully added
.com.cn registry: Successfully added
.co registry: Successfully added
.in registry: Successfully added
.info registry: Successfully added