we are a web services company from Italy; we are interested in your plans and services because it seems very professional and because of we use quite on all our customer sites the Joomla system.
Because of now we hosts our sites on a win2003 server with IIS, but we are considering to move to Linux syste and we are newbe of such a system I have some different questions:
- the configuration of MVS in terms of RAM and disk space is locked or can be customized? How could it cost to pas to a 30Gb disk or 2Gb of ram?
-In the space you give us on a MVS or Reseller plan you count only space for our files or you calculate also on MVS the space of the OS and applications?
- is Rocken Vault Backup solution free on MVS plan? And with which frequency the backup is taken?
- all your servers which Linux distribution use?
- if I'll encounter a problem with Joomla security bug or hackering problem, I'll have the possibility to open a ticket in addition to go to the customer s forum?; or the ticket system is only for system problem (mysql, apache, linux)
- the support is also included in the cost of the plan?
- In the Reseller plan and architecture (I think it is shared server) if I have a security problem with a domain on the same machine, can this problem corrupt all our domain on the same server? If the security problem occurs with a domain of another your customer on the same server, can it corrupt also some our domains?
- which antivirus solution you use on your servers?
- because of our sites are all quite small for db and related files and images file for site and template, but some of them have a lot of document in reserved area (using Docman on joomla), is it possible to have an hosting plan to build only the doc repository and so in this way maintain site of little disk usage, and concentrate the big disk usage (some Gb) on another dedicated , more stupid architecture? I'm open to suggestion, this could be a crazy and stupid idea.
Sorry for the great number of questions but decide to move all of our sites (about 15) is a critical decision and I want to have as much information as I can.