Hosting DZOIC handshakes

andrew

Rochen Community Member
Hi there,
I've spent many hours today researching various webhosts for a DZOIC handshakes installation, Rochen seems like a good option at the moment, based mostly on excellent feedback from clients and the fact you don't offer stupidly large space/bandwidth for minimal cost (and therefore dont massively oversubscribe your services).
Most of the DZOIC requirements are obviously easily met, but there are a couple I'm not too sure about. Can you tell me if a dzoic installation will work fine on your basic plan, and if you know anyone who has installed it on your servers.

Requirements are:

Recommended

* Operating System: Unix-type or Windows
* Ability to setup cron tasks
* PHP: version 4 or higher
* PHP Safe Mode: Off
* MySQL: version 4.1 or higher
* PHP GD Library: GIF/JPEG Read/Write support
* PHP GD Library: FreeType support
* PHP Curl Library: SSL support
* PHP mbstring Extension
* Zend Optimizer

Thanks!

Brad

Rochen Community Member
Thanks for dropping in :)

All your requirements should be ok. Zend Optimizer is not installed, however Ioncube Loaders are. Zend Optimizer is not required though.

I am not aware of any of our clients running this particular script at this time, but we have many servers and script installation and support is left up to you as a customer.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your reply :)

Just to clarify, we do not install Zend on any of our servers until a customer comes along who requires it since Zend can sometimes create problems. If you happen to be on a server that doesn't have it then we can add it for you.

That being said, most decent scripts will provide a copy of their coded encoded with both Zend and ionCube. Therefore, in the vast majority of cases Zend is not required as an ionCube encoded version is available.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.