Migrating from Shared hosting to VMS

computency

Just wanted to write a brief testimonial to say how brilliantly the move from shared hosting to a virtual managed server has been handled.

I previously had two shared hosting accounts on Montreal and Lisbon servers, with most of the sites Joomla sites. I decided to take the plunge and consolidate them into one VMS account, and at the same time move them all to the new UK based servers. Obviously I was concerned that I would end up with lots of extra work for myself, but was assured that it would all be handled by Rochen and that I would be informed once it was all underway.

The move was planned for 20:00 Friday and I duly received an email informing me that migration was in progress. By midnight it was complete. All I needed to do was update the Nameservers and the job was done.

It was that easy!

I have used Rochen for the last couple of years after suffering the pain of Donhost for several years before. I have never regretted the move!

A big thank you to everyone who helped in the move and especially Adam who fixed a problem I’ve been looking at for three hours this morning in 3 minutes! Should have asked earlier!

Nick Warner

Last edited: