pre-sales - DNS and mail question

kdolbeck

I am looking at purchasing a reseller account. Most of domains that I resell use GoDaddy for the DNS and Rackspace for the e-mail for most domains. Currently I use HostMySite and HostGator for web hosting with some clients using the hosting mail service. Can I keep the DNS with GoDaddy or do I need to use the private DNS service provided for resellers? What is the correct DNS MX setting if the web site has submission forms given that the mail is not hosted by Rochen?

thanks

Adam

Hi kdolbeck,

Thanks for your post. You can certainly host your mail and DNS externally if you'd like, you'd then just need to manage those settings yourself instead of having Rochen manage them for you. You'd be able to obtain your correct MX settings from your external mail provider in that case and would be able to update them in your Rochen cPanel with a few clicks. Just let us know if we can provide any further details!

kdolbeck

Hi kdolbeck,

Thanks for your post. You can certainly host your mail and DNS externally if you'd like, you'd then just need to manage those settings yourself instead of having Rochen manage them for you. You'd be able to obtain your correct MX settings from your external mail provider in that case and would be able to update them in your Rochen cPanel with a few clicks. Just let us know if we can provide any further details!

Thanks. I think I have all of the information that I require before making my decision.