Rochen Support

flyerdave

Rochen Community Member
I have only been with Rochen a few days but I am impressed with the level of service i have received.

I tried the migration script (joomla 1.5.23) from my old hosts but due to a number of factors, one being i use Polish accents, therefore require a different collation setup on the database, it did not work for me.

However, the usual comment from many other hosts would be anything but helpful, but from the team at Rochen they helped me find out what the problem was so I could resolve it in a timely manor.

In the end I used the trusted Akeeba backup and Kickstart.php having first of all created a new database with the same name and collation as on my former hosts setup, including user and passwords.

It would have been nice to use the one button migration tool but I do understand that there will always be exceptions to every tool.

Well done that team and I look forward to a helpful relationship in the future. Website is: http://www.webpoland.org

Last edited:

flyerdave

Rochen Community Member
Sadly I need to update this thread

Yesterday, I decided to transfer my other site to Rochen so I opened another account with them.

Today, I tried to transfer my site to Rochen.

Below is a record of what has happened. I will leave it up to you the viewer to decide if Rochen is a good and decent host for your own website.

David Smith Submitted: 08/07/2011 02:08:57 pm
Opened Ticket Hi, I have just tried to transfer my site to the Rochen Panther server using Akkeba and Kickstart but it has not transferred correctly.

Do you support Akeeba and Kickstart - No errors were mentioned during the process. I also tried the other day to transfer a site to my other Webpolan account and the same problem occured. I get 404 errors on all other pages except the frontpage.

thanks for your help.

Martin Rouf Submitted: 08/07/2011 02:19:20 pm
Time between events:
10 mins David,

Akeeba and kickstart should work without issue. It sounds like there is a problem with the backup file its self or the configuration details you entered.

Please note that we do not provide assistance with 3rd party script issues like this.

----
Martin Rouf
Rochen Limited

David Smith Submitted: 08/07/2011 02:25:23 pm
Time between events:
6 mins Hi

I have not had a problem like this with the previous host and the the file works fine on their servers so I am at a loss to know what to do.

If your servers cannot accept this file I will try to use your migration tool but when I tried with Webpoland it did not work either. I will let you know if it works this time, but this very much concerns me as I use akeeba backup a lot.

Martin Rouf Submitted: 08/07/2011 02:49:33 pm
Time between events:
24 mins David,

We have many customers using Akeeba and we in fact host the official Akeeba site.

I hope you are able to get this resolved.

----
Martin Rouf
Rochen Limited

David Smith Submitted: 08/07/2011 03:08:25 pm
Time between events:
18 mins I have tried to migrate the site using your tool but it migrates it to joomla version 1.6.4 even though I opted not to update.

Adam Boswell Submitted: 08/07/2011 03:27:45 pm
Time between events:
19 mins Hi David,

That shouldn't be possible, are you sure you didn't already have a copy of Joomla 1.6.4 installed before migrating over your 1.6 site? What version of 1.6 do you have installed currently on your remote host? Please be very specific about the steps you followed and the exact details you entered in the migrator if you're sure you didn't already have a copy of Joomla in the destination directory for the migrator.

Also, for Akeeba, please make sure you were following these general steps:

http://www.joomlatutorials.com/joom...omla-tips/106-moving-your-joomla-website.html

If Akeeba does not work however, it's unlikely our migrator will work either There must be an issue with your current site or the backup file itself that's causing restoration issues, that will need to be resolved first before either migrator will work, thank you.

----
Adam Boswell
Rochen Limited

David Smith Submitted: 08/07/2011 03:31:26 pm
Time between events:
3 mins My site is on version 1.5.23

Adam Boswell Submitted: 08/07/2011 03:33:51 pm
Time between events:
2 mins The migrator can't 'migrate' your site to a different branch (1.5.x to 1.6.x), it can only 'migrate' your site from a remote server to your Rochen account. You most likley had installed Joomla 1.6 under your Rochen account first and then forgot to remove it before using the migrator to retry the migration to that same destination directory, thank you.

----
Adam Boswell
Rochen Limited

David Smith Submitted: 08/07/2011 03:45:29 pm
Time between events:
11 mins Dear Mr Boswell

The directory I enstalled to was empty - please do not accuse me of being stupid and applying that it is my fault. I applied your migration script on an empty directory having removed all the files (version 1.5.23) that akeeba had installed.

I have never at any time installed Joomla version 1.6 on this package!

Adam Boswell Submitted: 08/07/2011 03:48:29 pm Closed
Time between events:
3 mins Hi David,

We're not able to provide any assistance in that case for a scripting issue like this, I recommend you contact your developer or webmaster to assist you with a manual migration, thank you.

----
Adam Boswell
Rochen Limited

Adam

Hi David, as I noted above "If Akeeba does not work however, it's unlikely our migrator will work either." You or your developer would be the only ones capable of resolving an issue on your other host (not Rochen), thank you.

flyerdave

Rochen Community Member
Well - I have egg all over my face!

After all is said and done it turns out to be my fault - I requested an incorrect domain name - chandlersford.org instead of chandlersford.org.uk

They have now changed it to the correct one.

My apologies to the guys at Rochen.