Some advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcole

Hello,

I manage a small and purely HTML company website that I think would benefit from converting to run on Joomla. Its currently hosted on 1&1 and their package included the domain name, I would really appreciate some advice on the best way to get the site up and running on Rochen.
Should I just sign up for rochen and transfer everything, leaving it running in its current format on Rochen whilst the Joomla site is constructed (can the construction be carried out on a sub-domain and then transferred) or should I do the construction locally and just sign up when I'm ready, if I do the latter how do I then get the domain name pointing to the new Joomla site on Rochen?

How easy/difficult is it going to be leaving 1&1 for Rochen, do you know if I can take the domain name with me....as it was part of the initial package six years ago?

I'm happy with the Joomla side of things but I do have some concerns about getting the whole thing over to Rochen with the minimal of downtime.

Many thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Regards.

Brad

Rochen Community Member
Marcole, I'm sorry your inquiry was not replied to sooner.

In answer to your questions, you'll be able to develop your new sites on Rochen using a temporary url. Once you are happy with things, then you would switch the DNS over (and thus point your site to us). There should be no downtime at all.

You should be able to retain your domain with 1&1 and host with us, I know some of our customers do that.

I hope it helps.

marcole

Thanks Brad, that's exactly what I will do then....thought it probably was possible but just needed a reassuring confirmation.

See you soon.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.