Asp? Cfm?

U

Unregistered

Do you guys support ASP, or/and coldfusion? Thies question was asked before but it was never answered. Also, physically, where are your servers located? It looks like you got an excellent web server running here; hope to do business with you soon.

Martin

Rochen Community Guest
Hello,

We don't support ASP on our Linux packages and Windows 2000 is currently unavailable. We do not support Coldfusion either.

At the moment, all new clients will have their accounts added on a machine in the 'dv2' data-centre which is located in Atlanta, Georgia (USA).

Thank You very much for the compliment. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

U

Unregistered

Sorry to bug you again, and thanks for such a prompt response.
For the website I'm currently working on I want to implement a database. However this will be my first time implementing an on-line DB. My question is, how much support can I expect from you guys?
Couple other question regarding your services. What are Cron Jobs and MX record changes?

Thanks again, and hopefully next time I post something it will be on the members forum.

Cheers,

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
My question is, how much support can I expect from you guys?
We will support the services that come with the hosting plan as much as we can. Obviously we can't code your entire database for you, but we will help you as far possible. We also have many customers who are very familiar with databases and other things right here on the forums, so I am sure they would also be pleased to help you, if they can :)

What are Cron Jobs and MX record changes?
Cron Jobs allow you to set an automated process. For example, if you wanted to set a script to automatically run everyday at 4am, then you would use a Cron Job.

MX (Mail Exchange) record changes allow you to point your email here at Rochen to another server, should you not want us to host it. We do host it, but the option is there if you don't want us to.

Thanks again, and hopefully next time I post something it will be on the members forum.
I hope so to :thumbs:

If you have any further question before you signup, please let us know :)

U

Unregistered

Just registered with you guys. How long will it take you until I get the information to make my domain name point to Rochen
(ie the whole DNS name change on my domain registrar)?

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
After our payment processor has finished screening the order.

What is your PaySystems.com Order ID and I will check for an update for you? :)

U

Unregistered

I wasnt able to get it... the page where that info was in just was on screen for a second.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Unregistered said:
I wasnt able to get it... the page where that info was in just was on screen for a second.
You should have an email confirmation :)

Just looking at the database, I don't see any new orders that haven't been dealt with.

Is your domain name - <removed>*? If so, your account information was sent out around 1 hour and 45 minutes ago.

*Edited out after initial post to protect user's privacy.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Nope, don't seem to have your order :mad:

If you could email me at: [email protected] with either your Order ID or your full name, address, email address, domain name and telephone number - I will have another look for you.