Joomla Utilities?

kili

Rochen Community Member
Hi Reading the information on Joomla Utilities below .I understand that Joomla utilities will migrate the site to Rochen but what about the mysql database?

To be frank I suspect I wont remember the database password as like many people I made the mistake of not noting it at the time ( I'm not referring to the Joomla admin account).

Does the migration to Rochen create a new database and give one the opportunity to enter a new user name and password?

Many thanks

Kili

With Joomla Utilities you can now migrate your Joomla website from another host and have it set up and functioning on your Rochen hosting plan in a few easy steps. All you need is your ftp details from your current host, an active Rochen hosting account, and about 1 minute of your time. Simply enter the requested details in the Migration tool and then click on "migrate Joomla". During the migration process you'll have the option to update Joomla to the latest version as well as apply additional security tweaks which will help to protect your site.

MrNick

Rochen Community Member
As you seem to be an existing customer you can as questions in the customer forums.

The database name, database user name and database user password are all found in the Joomla configuration.php file.

Nick

kili

Rochen Community Member
As you seem to be an existing customer you can as questions in the customer forums.

The database name, database user name and database user password are all found in the Joomla configuration.php file.

Nick

Mr Nick. Thank you for your reply. I am not an existing customer.

I am aware of details stored in the configuration.php file and I'm pretty sure the password is encrypted.
What you see in configuration.php is not the actual database password
or is it?

I also not that a spammer has joined this thread can someone from Rochen please delete the junk post

kili

Rochen Community Member
Hi Reading the information on Joomla Utilities below .I understand that Joomla utilities will migrate the site to Rochen but what about the mysql database?

To be frank I suspect I wont remember the database password as like many people I made the mistake of not noting it at the time ( I'm not referring to the Joomla admin account).

Does the migration to Rochen create a new database and give one the opportunity to enter a new user name and password?

Many thanks

Kili

Could someone from Rochen tech staff kindly answer my question above please with regard to the Rochen Joomla Utilities.

Thank You

Kili

Christiaan

Retired!
They could be the same if you want to make those the same.

However, the user name and password for Joomla are set when installing the Joomla CMS

The database has to exist before installing Joomla and has to be setup in the C-Panel with MySQL and there you set the password and username for the database name of you choosing and could be multiple names and passwords.

How that works with with Joomla utilities, I do not know but I would think that those pairs are NOT the same.

kili

Rochen Community Member
They could be the same if you want to make those the same.

However, the user name and password for Joomla are set when installing the Joomla CMS

The database has to exist before installing Joomla and has to be setup in the C-Panel with MySQL and there you set the password and username for the database name of you choosing and could be multiple names and passwords.

How that works with with Joomla utilities, I do not know but I would think that those pairs are NOT the same.

Christiaan. Thank you for the reply. What you describe is what I thought.
After looking at the Joomla utilities video I'm still not sure if I would need to create the MYSQL database first or if Joomla utilities does this for you when migrating a site.

Could someone from Rochen tech support please confirm the process.

Bear with me guys it's a while since I've done this and I've been with my existing provider since day one so have never moved host before. ;)

Thank you for your patience.

Kili

Christiaan

Retired!
forgot, yu asked:
One can always change the database username and password by using the MySQL link n the cPanel

gsnow

Rochen Community Member
Christiaan. Thank you for the reply. What you describe is what I thought.
After looking at the Joomla utilities video I'm still not sure if I would need to create the MYSQL database first or if Joomla utilities does this for you when migrating a site.

Could someone from Rochen tech support please confirm the process.

Bear with me guys it's a while since I've done this and I've been with my existing provider since day one so have never moved host before. ;)

Thank you for your patience.

Kili
I don't know if you already have this solved, but here is another method. (You will be able to create a new user and pw.) Install Akeeba Backup (akeebabackup.com) on your current site. (You can use the free version.)

1. Configure it to backup up in zip format.
2. Backup, download and upload the zip to the /public_html at Rochen
3. Unzip the file using the cPanel file manager
4. Create a new database and username from your Rochen cPanel
5. Go to http://your_new_domain/installation/, and follow the instructions.
6. In one of the steps, you will be able to put in your new user and pw, and make sure to set the server to "localhost."
7. Don't forget to delete the installation directory.

Good luck.