Looking for a new good Joomla hosting company

pm4dev

Hi,

I am looking to transfer my Joomla site from another host (who will remain nameless to protect the guilty). My site is www.pm4dev.us, I use it for marketing my consulting business with monthly newsletters. I have some questions:
  • What are the requirements/limits for a business hosting plan?
  • How do I know if I need a MVS or not?
  • How fast can the site be transferred to Roche?.
  • Can I open an account with Rochen and use it to test it before moving the site and changing the DNS?

Thank you,

Rodolfo Siles
Managing Director
PM4DEV

Wendy

Administrator
Hi Rodolfo,

Thank you for stopping by here to ask your questions. I think Nick already helped you along in the other thread (thanks Nick!) but I'll try to provide you some information here as well to your specific points.

# What are the requirements/limits for a business hosting plan?

Our Business hosting plans are mainly limited by storage and data transfer, and number of domains, as well as the rules that apply in our acceptable use policy.

Business hosting plans are generally well suited for single small business sites, personal sites, blogs, etc.

You can see their available resources at the following page: http://www.rochenhost.com/business-hosting

# How do I know if I need a MVS or not?

If your site is larger than what is available with our shared hosting plans (Business and Reseller) then you'd want to look at an MVS plan. Also if you require extra flexibility than what is available with the shared hosting packages.

# How fast can the site be transferred to Roche?.

We wouldn't actually perform the transfer for you, this is something that you'd need to do yourself. That said, for all Joomla 1.5 through 1.7 websites we do have a migration tool in our Joomla Utilities cPanel plugin. The tool enables you to pull an entire copy of your website over to your Rochen account. All you need is your ftp credentials from your current host. You can read more about that feature as well as the other advantages of Joomla Utilities here: http://www.rochenhost.com/cms-utilities/joomla-utilities
# Can I open an account with Rochen and use it to test it before moving the site and changing the DNS?

Yes, certainly. We provide temporary urls that you can use before changing your domain nameservers to Rochen. A full explanation of the temporary urls can be found here: https://my.rochen.com/index.php?fuse=knowledgebase&view=KB_viewArticle&articleId=3

When you're satisfied that your site is working correctly at your Rochen hosting account then you can change the nameservers at your domain registrar anytime.

Rochen nameservers are provided in a welcome email that is dispatched when your account is activated.

pm4dev

Thank you for the quick response and great information, it helps me make a decision to move my site to Rochen.

Regards,

Rodolfo

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Joomla 1.7 is supported. However, keep in mind that 1.7 has been replaced by 2.5 now. So the two versions for new installs and upgrades are 1.5 and 2.5.