Move to Rochen Joomla demo site

Eyeloveshoes

Okay here I go...
New to Joomla, currently building a site with the 30 day trial hosting at cloudaccess, which is about to expire. I purchased a domain name from godaddy after I started the demo site, so I am not using the domain name that I purchased.
Now...I want to host with Rochen. I backed up the site and downloaded jpa file. I have fetch/familiar with ftp. Once I have an account with Rochen can I upload the site via ftp? That sounds too easy! I am sure it's much more complicated!

What about the domain name from godaddy? Use the DNS manager? I looked at it, what fields am I addressing with what info?

Thank you so much for any help!
Susan

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Susan,

1. Once your account is setup with Rochen you can migrate your site over using a tool like Akeeba Backup. But you may wish to investigate the migration tool we include within the Joomla Utilities in your cPanel.

2. After your Joomla install is up and running at Rochen you simply need to update the DNS name servers at GoDaddy to point to the ones listed within your Rochen welcome email.

If you have any questions related to the above once your account is active then please don't hesitate to open a technical support ticket :)

Eyeloveshoes

Okay thank you Chris...
Sport fishing site, 6-7 web pgs, videos, forum (only Capt. can post, daily catch pics and brief the days events), availability calendar, deposits...Plan 1 or 2, your thoughts?

Brad

Rochen Community Member
Susan, either of those plans will probably suit you. The deciding factor would be the amount of disk space you require, which is something you will need to evaluate yourself.
That being said, you can always upgrade at a later date it's up to you.

mailgser

Dear Chris,
Don't you support the Transfer-In from outside host? Switching a host is always risky, and even the best tools can go wrong. The support team is the best people to do the Transfer-In in my thought. When I Transfer-In to HostGator, I don't need to do anything, but the support team did from a to z. I hope you offer the same service here in Rochenhost.

Regards,
Joseph

Hi Susan,

1. Once your account is setup with Rochen you can migrate your site over using a tool like Akeeba Backup. But you may wish to investigate the migration tool we include within the Joomla Utilities in your cPanel.

2. After your Joomla install is up and running at Rochen you simply need to update the DNS name servers at GoDaddy to point to the ones listed within your Rochen welcome email.

If you have any questions related to the above once your account is active then please don't hesitate to open a technical support ticket :)