reseller sign up questions

bcot

Rochen Community Member
Hi I am about to purchasing your reseller hosting Plan 1 and I have a couple of questions

a. what is "Client Exec CRM License?"

b. you recommend having domain names registered seperate to hosting?

c. when I started to purchase I was asked to give a primary domain name. The domain I would use is not available for me to transfer at this point. Should I still enter that domain?

d. What are the basic setup requirements?

e. when moving a domain with email accounts from another hosts what is the best process to use.

f. I have not been able to contact anyone by phone, do you have phone support?

Many thanks in advance

Barry

Adam

Hi Barry,

Thanks for your post!

a) You can find more CE CRM details on their official site, please see this KB article for more info.

b) Yes, always.

c) No, unless you're familiar with external DNS management you should only use a domain that you'll be able to setup under your Rochen account immediately, otherwise you won't be able to use your private nameservers until the primary domain is pointing to your Rochen account.

d) You can find our Reseller Plan Quickstart Guide (which would be included in your Welcome Email after signup) here.

e) You'd just need to setup the actual email accounts in your Rochen cPanels first before changing the nameservers over for a particular domain, that way any incoming mail will have existing mailboxes to flow into without any mail loss.

f) No, we provide 24/7/365 support via our helpdesk, with response times typically within minutes for any high priority issues. You can read more about our support remit here.

Just let us know if we can provide any clarification, or if you have any other questions, thank you Barry!

bcot

Rochen Community Member
Thanks for reply

Hi Adam

Thanks for quick response that seems to answer my current crop of questions.

I will start the sign up process as soon as I have one of my domains moved.

Thanks again
Barry

EosConcepts

Rochen Community Member
Regarding: b. you recommend having domain names registered seperate to hosting?

I set up my reseller primary domain as my company's domain EosConcepts.com. Should I have not done that? Should it have been EosConceptsHosting.com?

I'm completely new to all of this and while I know that I'll get it in a few days I need to get some stuff set up to start servicing new clients that requested hosting from me in the next couple of days.

Adam

Hi EosConcepts,

No, Barry is talking about something unrelated in point b) above (the company at which you register your domain name, not the domain name itself), thanks!