Thinking of moving to Rochen

Dgriff

Rochen Community Guest
Hi
I'm thinking of moving to rochen for my hosting needs. I have a friend who is a happy customer. He told me there is 24x7 support via a ticketing system. Do you guys plan to introduce customer support by phone? It's not a huge issue that there's no phone support if the ticketing response is fairly quick.

What's the average response time from when a ticket is created by the customer? Also, are there any issues I should be aware of since I have a .ie (ireland) domain name? Would there be much of a down time when I transfer from my current host?

Thanks

Last edited:

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Darragh,

Thanks for your post.

We don't have plans to introduce telephone support at this time. We find the ticketing support works extremely well and actually allows us to maintain a paper trail and ensure an issue is fully documented better than any phone system could.

Our ticketing system is monitored 24 hours per day for technical support and during normal business hours for billing support. Most technical support tickets are answered within literally a few minutes regardless of when they are opened. Rochen also monitor all of our servers and other infrastructure on a 24/7 basis so if an issue were to arise we will likely be aware of it before you even open a ticket.

There should not be any issues hosting a .ie domain name. You can check your site is working properly at Rochen using a temporary access URL we provide prior to updating DNS at your domain registrar. This will allow you to transfer without downtime.

Please let us know if we can be of any further help.

AgnerWagner

Hi Chris,

I have just completed my order and waiting patiently for the welcome email. I dont know how to use GoDaddy to update the name servers for my domain to point to the Rochen ones listed. Im assuming I should go take that up with Godaddy support?

TimA

Hello Dgriff,

Just to chip in - in case an opinion from another Rochen customer is helpful.

While support (technical) is via a ticketing system, the response to those tickets (from my own personal experience) has been nothing short of absolutely phenomenal.

Three levels:

Emergency, Urgent, Normal.

My own Normal tickets have always been dealt with, as Chris has said above, literally in minutes - I think the "longest" I have waited for a response to a "normal" ticket is something like 10 minutes.

All the best.

TimA