A Home for WordPress Too

Lincoln

Rochen Community Member
I've been a nomad of sorts, migrating from one host to another after experiencing nothing but issues, slow load times, erratic down times and performance, most of which was usually blamed on my bloated WordPress installation. Even after a major redesign and a revamp of my backend, I still had issues. I tried desperately to find a host that was especially designed to handle WordPress installations, or at least offered servers that weren't stretched on resources due to too many users being crammed on it, including several Litespeed hosts, to no avail.

I found Rochen and despite it being billed primarily as a Joomla host, it's still optimized for CMS backends that utilize PHP and MySQL, so I figured why not.

Oh my goodness. Night and day difference. Performance that I have not seen in YEARS, if ever. I've opened 5 support tickets during the process of migrating and settling in, and all were promptly replied to by multiple support personnel. I hope Rochen sticks around forever, because they are literally the only host that has finally made my site an absolute joy to use.

Thanks again Rochen! :D

MikeS

Rochen Community Member
Nice one. This is the difference between cheap hosting and quality hosting - you pays for what you get ;)

Lincoln

Rochen Community Member
Not always, since Hostgator (which really wasn't THAT bad a host in retrospect), I used a VPS at WiredTree, tried out Pair.com (which has some mild animosity towards WordPress), renowned but smaller hosts like MediaLayer and MDDHosting and a brief stint at LiquidWeb, and yet despite paying a slight premium for better hosting at all of them, my site still suffered problems after problems, some of it my fault, but much of it due to issues with the server. To be fair, I think Litespeed may be overrated as a solution for WordPress users, as I've seen my plugins gag time and time again due to the way these types of servers are configured. And these are popular plugins too, such as Super Cache. For servers like LiquidWeb that didn't use Litespeed, there were problems such as having mail delivery blacklisted to my Gmail account because spammers had been abusing the servers before, erratic and inexplicable down times, and on and on. Then there'd be problems with Realsoft backups that affected server performance, users taking up too many I/O resources, 503 errors that had no apparent cause.

IT. NEVER. STOPPED. There was ALWAYS something.

This is the first time in a LONG time now that I have seen my Pingdom logs showing up as a virtually straight horizontal line, whereas before it would spike up and down like a roller coaster.

Thank God for Rochen. Seriously. THANK GOD.