Domain names and switching hosts

U

Unregistered

I'm thinking of moving a couple of domains I have to you. Do you give me a temporary domain name or something so I can get my domain up and running and troubleshoot it before I move make the big move? Does it screw things up with all my files when I do change the domain name?

Oh, and does it cost money later on if I change the domain name on one of my websites?

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Do you give me a temporary domain name or something so I can get my domain up and running and troubleshoot it before I move make the big move?
Yes, you can access your site via http://<server ip>/~<username> and that will load up your pages before you change your domain name's DNS records.

Does it screw things up with all my files when I do change the domain name?
No, the temporary address using the IP and the domain name are effectively the same thing and nothing needs to be changed to make either or work.

Oh, and does it cost money later on if I change the domain name on one of my websites?
Nope, you can add and remove domains from your account for no extra charge. Up to the number of domains your plan comes with.

If you have any further questions, please let me know :)