Joomla 1.5

tmilo

Hi...

I've tried to install Joomla 1.5 on a few servers now, and have had consistent trouble with activating the FTP layer in RC3.

If I choose to host with you.... can you provide any assurances that you CAN host a Joomla 1.5 site with the FTP layer turned ON?

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Brad

Rochen Community Member
Thanks for your inquiry.

You can most certainly host Joomla 1.5 RC3 with us, however, as we run phpsuexec, the ftp layer will not even be required. That is how simple it is ;)

Any further questions, please ask.

jfcurley

Installation via Fantastico in cpanel?

I'm thinking of your company for my hosting. I plan to build a site
on Joomla 1.5. Do you have the auto-installation available using
Fantastico or similar?

riven99

ROFLCOPTER Pilot
Fantastico will currently let you install v1.0.13. I'm sure Fantastico will add v1.5 within several weeks of it being released.

If you want to currently use v1.5RC4 for development purposes you can install it yourself in a couple of minutes on your Rochen account.

:)

mantisinc

Hello,
I was looking to get some web hosting with you, and the main base I use is Joomla for my websites. So thought I would ask a quick few questions in this thread. (I'm creating some new sites as well as developing some current ones.)

Do the hosting accounts come with cpanel/fantastico? In particular fantastico with the auto install scripts.

How many mysql databases does each account allow?

And finally, do you offer any kind of support for scripting issues relating to joomla? IE, database errors, PHP errors, etc.

Thanks in advance.

riven99

ROFLCOPTER Pilot
And finally, do you offer any kind of support for scripting issues relating to joomla? IE, database errors, PHP errors, etc.
Support for 3rd party components is your responsibility, as with most all hosts. If you get stuck however, other customers in the Customer Forums are usually happy to help! :)