Moving Sites to Rochen without moving the Problems

Randy

Rochen Community Member
Where the sites are that I will be moving here, the host is the owner of many directories and files (eXtplorer shows "randy" as owner of some files and directories but "provider" as owner of others). Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

I use JoomlaPack to wrap the site into a JPA archive. Then I unpack here. Will the problematic permissions (and my hacks to those permissions to get some work done) be inherited in the new installation, or will they be reset by the server / system / set-up here?

Martin

Rochen Community Guest
I'm not sure of the answer to that question entirely. Joomla pack may or may not restore with the same CHMOD settings.

The 'owner' of the files will show as the user of the account. This will not transfer. The CHMOD permissions for folders/files we can easily set correctly for you if you open a ticket.

MikeS

Rochen Community Member
Permissions/rights/ownership are part of the server filing system, so will not be transferred. New permissions/rights/ownerships will be assigned by the new server according to the task doing the install and any server rules in place.