Plesk and Support

Randy

Rochen Community Member
Howdy. We are just waiting for completion of the sign-up process (payment has been approved) and have 2 more questions:

1. Is Plesk available?

2. Is telephone support available?

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Randy,

1. No, we run exclusively cPanel here at Rochen. Plesk has been eaten up by the giant Parallels and development has fallen a bit by the wayside as of late. cPanel is very feature rich with a continuous development cycle.

2. No, all technical support is handled via the My Rochen customer portal. Our support queues are monitored 24/7/365 by our teams in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom and Australia. Most tickets are replied to within a few minutes.

We should have you setup soon! :)

Randy

Rochen Community Member
Hi, Chris, and thanks. Please tell me the official pronunciation of Rochen, or is it acceptable in 4 different versions (Canada, US, UK, Oz).

I have never used or seen Plesk. As you know, we just ordered 2 reseller accounts, and these questions are for #3. Number Three (a fictitious name) is accustomed to Plesk and likes the file manager, which I do not have in cPanel.

Mr. Three likes to phone his support guys (who are nowhere near 24/7) for certain problems. My feeling is that when he goes live, he will have to come here anyway. Fast response (man, have I noticed the fast response) is worth a lot!

I would not have minded email resolution with the 2 server boys here (day 8, no resolution (not even a reply), sites being moved here ASAP). The form of delivery means nothing to me.

#3 wants what he has under Plesk, which is he puts a product for sale by download into a directory with a password that he sends to the buyer. The buyer downloads from the link and username/password. #3 deletes the directory. I think I saw password directories in your list of services... and can we set up a download routine of that nature. This is one of the main activities on his site.

Brad

Rochen Community Member
As a reseller, it's up to you to provide support to your clients. So in this situation I'd guess you client will just call you directly for support.

Knowing that a company like Rochen is behind you though, should give all your clients peace of mind that the servers are running as secure and stable as possible.

I hope it helps.

Randy

Rochen Community Member
Sorry, Brad, if I misrepresented. My buddy would sign up with you directly. He sells a downloadable file, and he sets that up using Plesk. Maybe I will get him to ask the question himself.

He has his own site and some others (Joomla, as of now) that he is preparing to go live with for customers. I warned him not to stay with his current server.

riven99

ROFLCOPTER Pilot
As far as the password protected directories go #3 will be able to easily do this via cPanel (which automatically generates the appropriate .htaccess directives for you). I would imagine it works in almost the same way as it does with Plesk. :)