pre-sales questions - new Joomla 2.5 site

web_steve

Rochen Community Member
I'm interested in the business hosting plan to host a Joomla 2.5 site.

I will need PHP version 5.3+, any problem with that requirement?

Could you give me an average number of sites on a shared server (business hosting)?

Could you give me a sample business hosting/client website that I can browse to gauge response time?

Thank you,
Steve

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Steve,

1. Rochen currently hosts many Joomla 2.5 sites. Our Joomla Utilities located within the Rochen cPanel fully support Joomla 2.5 as well.

2. We are running PHP 5.3.x across our shared hosting servers.

3. The number of sites per shared server varies. We work to ensure things do not become overloaded though. Generally we will have anywhere from 750 - 1000 sites per server though. Sometimes slightly less and sometimes more.

4. For privacy reasons we can't disclose client URLs. Someone may be able to reply here with their URL though or you can certainly check the testimonials section of these forums.

Please let us know if we can be of any further help :)

web_steve

Rochen Community Member
Thanks. A couple other questions:

1) when ordering a business hosting plan, it asks for the primary domain. Can this domain be currently active on another host? The intent would be to change the domain name server (to rochen) in the near future once I've had a chance to test it here.

2) For testing, I can access a business account with a temporary URL until I update the DNS, correct?

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
1. Yes, using your domain active at another host is fine. The domain will not actually resolve to Rochen until you update DNS at your domain registrar.

2. Yes, we provide you with a temporary access URL that you can use for testing.