Upgrading Plans

SDS

Rochen Community Member
Hello,

I am looking at subscribing to one of your premium reseller plans. I would like to start with #2 or 3. If things go well is it seamless to upgrade to plan 4 or 5 or do I have to migrate all of my sites to a new plan/server.

Regards,

John

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi John,

Thanks for your post :)

If you wanted to move from say Premium Reseller Hosting Plan 2 to Premium Reseller Hosting Plan 4 then this is very seamless and can be done in a few minutes with no downtime.

What is not seamless is if you are moving from say a Reseller Hosting to Premium Reseller Hosting. I.e. changing plan types.

Please let us know if you have any further questions :)

dbonneville

Can you upgrade easily from Multiple Domain Hosting to Premium Reseller Hosting? Or would I have to do that manually, as in getting a new account and moving my sites myself?

Thanks,

Doug

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
No, Moving from Multiple Domain Hosting to Premium Reseller Hosting would need to be done manually. If we have room on the server we may be able to move you from Premium Multiple Domain Hosting to Premium Reseller Hosting though.

mangoman

Rochen Community Member
upgrade: multiple domain to reseller

Thanks, Chris.

What you've explained is what I'm considering. I currently have domains on another host but I'd like/need to transition to Rochen over the course of a year (as these accounts come up for renewal).

It's vital to know that the new accounts could be started as Multiple Domain Hosting, then upgrade to Reseller Hosting as I grow (even if this is done manually). I appreciate your answer.

John