Which version of Joomla can I use?

jamesdeanreeves

Rochen Community Member
When I setup a Joomla install with Rochen, do I get a choice of which version of Joomla is installed, or is it the latest - 1.7?

thanks,
-James

Wendy

Administrator
Hi James,

Thanks for stopping by to post your question.

We offer one-click installs for both Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 1.7. You can choose either one through our Joomla Utilities plugin in your cPanel account once your Rochen hosting plan has been activated.

Please let us know if you have any further questions!

jamesdeanreeves

Rochen Community Member
Thanks, Wendy. So no 1.6? That's the one I needed to 'train' on for support of a website I am taking ownership of. Which would be closer to version 1.6.6 for my purpose - 1.5 or 1.7? I have the 'official' Joomla books that use 1.6 as examples.

-James

sbarone

James, I'm in a similar situation. It was recommended to me that I use 1.7. Apparently it is just like 1.6 only better. I would not go with 1.5 if I were you. I think there are some significant differences between 1.5 and 1.6, though I have very little experience, comparatively speaking.

Steve

Wendy

Administrator
Hi James,

1.6 is actually no longer available from the Joomla project. Under the new Joomla versioning/numbering system it has been updated to 1.7. So, if you're using the Official Joomla Book you should be able to follow along fine using Joomla 1.7.

Joomla 1.5 is quite different than 1.6/1.7 and probably wouldn't help you much for training purposes.

Jonas

Hi Wendy,

What are the current versions available for Joomla, does the Business Hosting supports 2.5x? We are currently looking for a good hosting provider for our next project, and I've been reading good things about Rochenhost.