Australian Servers - any updates?

ChristopherM

Hi,
I'm new here and am considering a move of ten domains (all Joomla based - some with VirtueMart) to a premium reseller program with Rochen.... Currently with Quadra Hosting - their service is great EXCEPT for storage allowances.

However, I am interested in servers located in Aust.
I noticed this thread: http://forums.rochen.com/showthread.php?t=6938&highlight=Australian+servers

... and wondering if there is any update to such policy.

Also, re payments etc. any plans for including BPay type bank transfers (as alternative to credit cards)?

Cheers,
Chris

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Chris,

Thanks for your post :)

1. All new signups are being placed on servers within our private data center suite in Dallas. We maintain excellent international connectivity to Australia though. Please see: http://www.rochenhost.com.au/about/infrastructure.php

2. We don't have any plans to introduce other payment options apart from credit card at this time.

Please drop a reply if you have any further questions.

melichan

Australian servers

I hope that at some stage you introduce Australian-based servers. If so, I will transfer all of my websites to Rochen.

Melissa

melichan

Because...

Server factor is apparently a factor in google ranking. A factor which I have noticed on some of my websites.

johncruz014

I hope that at some stage you introduce Australian-based servers. If so, I will transfer all of my websites to Rochen.

Melissa

Thanks for asking the question I was asking myself. I've found the same thing regarding hosting in the country where your site is looking to rank and i'm currently looking for a solution in Australia too.

Let me know if you have any luck :)

Melbourne Builders

gumbus

Server factor is apparently a factor in google ranking. A factor which I have noticed on some of my websites.

I agree with you, melichan.
Google is giving importance also on the server of a particular website. It is advisable to look for a server which is trustworthy and fast, if you want your site to rank high.

MikeS

Rochen Community Member
For generic TLD (Top Level Domain) names (ie. .com, .net, .org, .info, etc.) the major search engines largely rely on the physical location of the server that hosts the site to determine that site's geo-location.
However, Google allows webmasters to select a Target Country in the Webmaster Tools console, which is very useful when it's difficult or impractical to arrange hosting in the target country. Of course, this only affects your rankings in Google.
Be aware that for the specific Country Code TLD's (ie. .uk, .fr, .de, etc.) the geo-location is normally permanently set to be the relevant country.

mikevedaya

Sever is key factor in google rankings, we need to host in local server to target particular region.