Getting extra disk space

leemarquis

Plan 1 only has 1Gb of storage and I currently use just over 5Gb and growing for my domain as I have all my email stored on the server and access via IMAP. How would I get plan 1 but with extra space and how is this priced?

MikeS

Rochen Community Member
AFAIK you would need to upgrade to a suitable plan, as Rochen don't do disk storage upgrades.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Lee,

Yes, what Mike has noted above is correct. With our Business Hosting and Reseller Hosting Plans we do not sell storage or data transfer as separate items. For 5GB of storage you would need to opt for our Business Hosting Plan 3 or Reseller Hosting Plan 1.

Please let us know if we can be of any further help :)

leemarquis

Thanks - but plan 3 has a max of 5Gb and I am already over that with current host so I would need probably up to 10Gb to cover me for a while - so does that mean i would have to go for reseller plan 2 and pay £30 a month! - seems a huge increase and lots of uneeded extras if I only want to host one domain.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, for 10GB of storage you would need to opt for the Reseller Hosting Plan 2.

MikeS

Rochen Community Member
If the bulk of your disk storage is email then have you considered off-loading it to Gmail, 7Gb free, then if you need more move to a paid email account.

leemarquis

Thanks - I think I need to look into archiving my emails on my local hard drive with a 'smart mailbox' on mac mail - anyone have any tips for that?

zookies

I post mp3's that run 250 mb apiece, and would love it if we could buy extra disk space, say five or ten bucks a month for an extra five GB

microtechs

Rochen Community Member
Hosting large files

Im wondering the same...what if I want to have 50GB of storage for a specific site...anyone know of a 3rd party storage hosting solution that we could create a subdomain to link to just for hosting these huge files?

zookies

aws

that is a good thought, there is a certain company named after warrior women that offers storage, but I have had troubles with their flexibility. Time for another look.